Juvenile Delinquency Mediation Training: 21-hours
Juvenile Delinquency Mediation Training is a 21-hour course providing participants the skills, knowledge, and understanding of alternative methods in dealing with first time offenders and their complainants (victims) to reach a resolution.
This course will cover issues related to the juvenile offender such as child development, alcohol and drugs, youth diversity, cultural awareness, and a myriad of other issues. The course will cover the comprehensive legal facts working with juveniles and the ethical aspects working with juveniles in a mediation setting.
Who should take this course?
- Juvenile Justice Professionals
- Mediators who want to work with youth/juveniles
- Professionals in the Department of Family and Children Services
- Teachers and Counselors in school districts
- Law enforcement / school resource officers
- Mediator since 1992 trainer since 1999
- Approved by ACR as an Advanced Practitioner
- Commission Member for the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution
- Approved Trainer of Delinquency and Dependency mediation for Georgia
- Affiliations with Success Consulting & Mediation, Inc. and the Justice Center of Atlanta.
Nicole Woolfork-Hull, Esq.
- Practices as an attorney, mediator, and mediation trainer at The Hull Firm LLC in Athens, Georgia.
- Prior to private practice, completed two judicial clerkships for Juvenile Court Judge John Beam, Jr. (Chatham County) and Judge Robin Shearer (Athens-Clarke County)
- Assisted with the revision of the new juvenile code while clerking for the Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
- Served as the Vice President for the Board of Directors for the Georgia Conflict Center
- Serves on the Juvenile Mediation Sub Committee for the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution
- Adjunct Professor for Brenau University's Conflict Resolution & Legal Studies Program
40-Hour General Mediation Training and registered with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution
Kennesaw State University
Date & Time
September 13-15, 2017
Registration Deadline is September 6, 2017
September 1-3, 2017 Full refund
September 4-8, 2017 Administration fee of $200.00 will be applied
September 9-13, 2017 No refund will be provided
PLEASE NOTE: GODR Required for all trainings: The fact that a training program has been approved by the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution does not imply that any particular court-annexed or court referred program must or will accept as neutrals those who have completed that program. Please visit www.godr.org to read these rules thoroughly. The workshop is approved for CLE hours (21 general, 1 ethics, and 1 Professional).